Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Little Thing Called Avoidance

I just finished another book. This one I wanted to linger but a combination of constant entropy at home and hunger for more found me sitting unconscious to the decline of order and basking in the warmth of this wonderful book, sometimes this is called avoidance.

The thoughts that are going on in my mind after reading the poetic prose of this book are: 

"Sometimes I am locked in a stare of mutual disgust with the world."

"Am I an angel that forgot why I'm here? Sometimes I have angry tears because I am made useless." 

"I have more than two regrets."

"I have to read this book again and again. To justify buying it I must repeat many times, 'Not all my money goes to Amazon.com' "

"Does losing a parent make you eccentric? Maybe and I don't even know it and I don't think anyone would ever tell me anyway and maybe that's OK."

"New emotions are created every day and there aren't words to describe them yet."

"One thing I did when I grew up. Is fall in love, drop out of college, learn to subsist on water and air, have a species named after me, and ruin my life."

There is a lot more I want to say and yet there is not enough time to write it all. Of all the books I've read so far this year, this one I say is a must read unless you are neurotic about a clean house and your family is used to eating at 6:14pm. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommend, I will have to pick that one up. I just finished "Peace like a River" and I really enjoyed it, if you find yourself with a clean house and nothing else to do I would strongly recommend picking it up!

Jessica Wilcox said...

So.. You are incredibly profound. That is only one of many stunningly wonderful adjectives that you exude... Just saying :)