Monday, October 6, 2008

Cornucopia


cornucopia /noun/  1. an abundant, overflowing supply

A Cornucopia of Emotions:

1. serenity. We went to the ocean for a school project Makayla was working on. I sat on the rocks watching the rhythm of nature allowing each tide to free my mind. Makayla found a rock that was granite chalk, so she and Tom had some fun. (I should have posted what they did to the boys after this picture, but for me it was opposite of serenity.)
2. amazement. The soccer ball got kicked up into the tree at the park today. My 3 year old excitedly picked up his golf club and started throwing it in the air to knock the ball down. Realizing that didn't work, he then picked up other things to throw like a water bottle, sand bucket, and the book I was reading (The Glass Castle). I became the silent observer filled with wonder as he used his surprising talent to retrieve the ball.
3. admiration. I held a newborn today. My sister-in-law successfully delivered this sweet angel named Alora Rose today around noon. Six hours later, I was rocking her admiring both her perfectness and her mother's labor of love.  

4 comments:

Susanne said...

You INSPIRE me. I love your blog!!!

MelanieJ said...

love, love, love the new family pic. I think the thing I love most is that Matthew is the only one smiling (and what a smile!)

JNSexton555 said...

Love the pics, and your blog is so touching. The one of Alora is beautiful! How was your first experience as a doula???

Karalea-Karalea said...

Great pictures. I also LOVE that you post frequently.