Thursday, May 14, 2009

Literally Random Thoughts and Laundry


I finally put away the 2 loads of laundry that had been glued to my bedroom floor for days. I heard the clothes' thoughts of disappointment as I placed them back into their proper places. 

Maybe the clothes heard my thoughts too.

1.  Missing Tom as I made the bed; appreciating the ease when there are 2 people. 

2. Sadly realizing it's getting more difficult to separate my clothes from my 12 year old daughter's.

3. Frustration because I couldn't kill the little green caterpillars climbing all over and eating my tomato leaves. 

4. Glad because the smaller sized clothes are finding their way back to the front of my closet.

6. Wishing parenting was rewarded based on the number of times a parent has to repeat a simple family rule. I'd be a freaking hero by now.

7. Worried that I need to up my game with my kids. Certainly the yelling and bad cooking can't be earning any points. What do I have to keep them coming back after they are grown? Put a pin in that one and come back to it later; remember, maybe laundry.

8. Chastising myself because I wasted time on facebook filling out the 'what is your purpose in life' questionnaire. 

9. Feeling victorious because I just became aware that renting library books could really save me money with Travis. He thinks he just bought 5 books. 

10. Feeling proud because the new parenting technique, you know who you are...fix it, actually works!

And yes, my thoughts are about as organized as the missing number 5. 

4 comments:

Melissa Bean Sterzick said...

Am I hysterical because a 5 point earthquake just scared the giblets out of me or is it because you're so funny? Maybe both! Melissa

Thunell Family said...

I'm glad to hear your random thoughts. I have the same commentary running through my head all day...it must be a mother thing.

Laundry is all part of it. You are doing a great job.

You are amazing, really.

MelanieJ said...

i loved this post. Favorite line? "I'd be a freaking hero by now." I laughed myself silly. Thanks and please know that you are better than you think. Who cares about 5's anyway? Be good to yourself, my dear friend!! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Your writing is so entertaining. I didn't even realize there wasn't a #5. Will you buy me a new 3-wood with the proceeds from your best seller? Or maybe I'll invent self washing and folding clothes that put themselves away. I would own the universe with that one.