favored /adj. v./ Treated or thought of with great kindness. Endowed with special gifts, talents, or advantages. Privileged.
2. Makayla laid next to me this morning and asked, "Which kid do you like the most?", as she prompted me by pointing to herself. I remember knowing who my mother favored most. But I don't find favor in one more than another.
But tomorrow, we recognize Matthew as favored and celebrate his birth 7 years ago.
3. Matthew is a favored son to me and especially to his Father in Heaven. I created his Birthday Honor Board with appreciation and gratitude for being trusted as his mother.
This past year he has lost teeth, innocence, and manners, explored butterflies, dinosaur bones, and powers, learned intention, patience, and courage, played soccer, hero, and father to his dogs, and taught faith, creativity, and determination.
Happy Birthday, Matthew.
Words that describe you at this time in your life: dreamer, satisfied, excited, brave, explore, destructive, content, creative, strong, defender, and faithful. My birthday wish for you is to always feel favored for who you are.

2 comments:
I never cry when I read stuff, but that was a close one! WOW!
Hey girl, I'm glad I found your blog. What a sweet tribute to the little guy. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment