Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day With No dh

This Mother's Day was perfect for me and I'll tell you why.

Mother's Day technically started on Friday when Matthew brought this home from school. It's a tea pot...
...with an Iced Tea packet inside along with this poem:

Happy Mother's Day 
When you are tired,
and weary as can be,
Just sit right down and
Have a cup of tea.

A random gift followed by an answer to his question: Is this the good tea or the bad tea?
Sunday morning just the kids and I were home.  I heard whisperings at my bedroom door and was surprised by what followed. Matt and Makayla came in singing Happy Mother's Day to You to the tune of the Happy Birthday song and gave me the following:

1. This card by Makayla
2. A hug by Matthew
3. A book reading from Frog and Toad by Matthew
4. Chocolates by Makayla (She claims she drove the car to get them. Thanks grandma!)


Makayla made this card at church during a sharing time activity. The boys and I left a little early to continue celebrating Mother's Day at home. ;)

Travis refused to join in the morning singing. He didn't even look at the camera for my mother's day surprise preschool picture. And at Mother's and Muffins he didn't serve me a muffin, dance or sing me his rehearsed song. (Although, I had already heard parts of it during the week while he sat in his car seat serenading me)
But he did stamp this cute bag that held the preschool picture and...

...his hand print. Pictures don't capture when Travis gives me 'love pats', (gentle hands patting my cheeks) or butterfly kisses, or the thumbs up with a kissing noise, which happens daily and not just on Mother's Day.

My dh usually gives me a day off on Mother's Day by making sure I get a Sunday nap and by doing all the cooking and cleaning up. I usually get breakfast in bed, but this year Tom was gone and the kids honored me more than I could have imagined. 

Thank you, all three, for accepting and loving me as your mother. And Makayla, you are an angel.  

1 comment: