Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Any Ordinary Week

My thoughts have been full of writing material, but I had plenty else to do. My camera has been shy lately leaving me empty handed as I sit at the computer tonight. 

My hands just completed a long awaited project sewing Makayla's 'outer' curtains; the easy ones that float to the floor. As I picked up my camera, she asked if I was going to blog about it. No. The inner curtains will be roman shades, pink ones. 

My nose has been in a book. I'll post about it when I'm finished, and it's oh so good!

My heart has been in launching Random Acts of Kindness Challenge Group and Blog. I have a vision for this group, and so far it has been a fun adventure. I was able to donate $84 for The Breast Cancer 3-day walk for my friend Kristi. She's gotten 24% of her funding so far. Go Kristi! You can get more information about it here.

My head has been running tax numbers; 
1099 
1098
AMT 
Pub. 4563 
Form 982
My deadline is April 15th, so there is an end insight. And this year, I'm only processing 2 business returns, 2 schedule C's, and 4 personal returns. It's a light year.

My body is completely dedicated to the Body for Life 12 week program. I am currently on week 5 and discouragement reared it's ugly head after I stepped on the scale at the gym on Tuesday.  Maybe my body is fighting back for all the years of neglect. As I sit here my hamstring is screaming after my track workout today. Nothing a little ice, compression and stretching won't soothe. 

My starving spirit fought against my ego this past week. Unfortunately, the ego won. I noticed my spirit cautiously return this afternoon. Breathe in, breathe out... Today is another day. Family, please forgive me. 

4 comments:

The Diabetic Dude said...

You always have a standing forgiveness clause in your contract with your family. Move forward, do your best, and forget the rest. Moah!

MelanieJ said...

i love you, melissa. thank you for sharing your heart with me today. i needed that! and I know about the spirit/ego struggle. my thoughts and prayers are with us both, my dear friend!

Karalea-Karalea said...

what a whirlwind. endure. it's all worthwhile.

Aleen said...

Amen to the above comments, Melissa! Wow, what an awesome husband. . .

Speaking as the mother of seven grown children, I guarantee you that it is worth the effort and challenges of parenting. . . What a blessing to have a loving, united family. It happens by continuing to do the best you can, in spite of earthly imperfections and weaknesses. The restored gospel of Jesus Christ is the answer to our challenges and problems.