hogwash /n./ any worthless stuff. meaningless or insincere talk or writing; nonsense.
hogwash /n./ 1. The other morning at breakfast my three year old told me he couldn't have waffles because Dad told him I threw away the syrup. Hawg Wosh! I said and then chuckled at the word because it reminded me of my childhood and oh, the things we'd say. Like 'worsh' for wash and 'boughten' for something we purchased previously.
hogwash /n./ 2. What I heard was a scream and what I overheard after the scream was this:
M: Travis it's ok, they don't come out until night time.
T: But I'm scared and I don't want to go in there (the master bedroom)
M: The aliens only come out when it's dark.
T: Oh.
Someday I picture them as adults reminiscing, remember the one time when you taught me....
And if I happen to overhear that, I may know the hawg wosh between those two.
hogwash /n./ 3. Our brand new niece came to visit tonight. Makayla held her while Matthew read her a book for his homework and Travis talked on his pretend phone while occasionally shushing his brother and sister, "I'm on the phone."
Travis read this book with all the exciting voice fluctuations while she slept. I plan on telling my niece some of my own hogwash stories; not now of course but definitely when she's a little older. This is known as payback for ALL the hogwash my sister-in-law has told and taught my kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment