My mother-in-law treated us to Knott's Berry Farm on Monday during the Veteran's Day super-sized weekend. The trip was fun and would have been perfect if Makayla was in town to have enjoyed it with us. Here is grandma, Matt, Travis, and their Uncle Raymond (age 8).
Matt's conviction was clear and his actions undeviating. I was thrilled to be a part of his excitement and although I sent as much positive energy his way during his $3 shot, he walked away beaten. But not for long. He put his money together, which included the $1 he had left over from the park and the $3 he charged his dad to repurchase a pomegranate from off our kitchen counter and countless birthday money he's been saving, and found he has only $15 to go to buy an electric guitar the sure way.
Walking out of the park, I witnessed Travis pat his pocket several times feeling his $4 still safe inside his khaki shorts. Thanks Grandma for a terrific park day.

2 comments:
On Man! We loved Knotts Berry Farm. Looks like you all had a blast. You know I understand the whole missing Makayla stuff. It can be so hard!
I love the description of Matt with his money! Classic!
That is a great post! I hadn't wanted to take the kids to Knott's, (remembering my childhood visit there that included nothing but jam...) but I think you've changed my mind!
Post a Comment