Monday, September 8, 2008

Sooo...Big


Today begins the first day of Travis' educational career and he doesn't even know it...he's excited beyond words. Before breakfast and referring to his butterflies he said, "My tummy hurts." 

We joined a participation preschool where I can actually be in the classroom with him 1 day out of the 3 each week. Monday was his first day and mine too. After school he requested I 'just drop him off and leave and then come back and pick him up' like the big kids. So much for my youngest being shy and clingy.

We were entering the door of the preschool and I nudged him to move forward into the room. He stepped back cautiously and used his big snack bag to push my leg signaling he wanted ME to go first. 

After 2 1/2 hours of painting, blocks, sand, and snack and without leading, he declared, "That was good!" as we climbed into our car to go home. I smiled to myself and my heart leapt with joy. He's soooo....big, yet he still insists on calling himself 'small Travis.'  YES!! I'll take what I can get. 

No comments: