(Gift from Karalea...Books, Eye Pillow for Massage, and Swim Cover up)
I feel that if I didn't blog about my birthday, it will be as though it never happened. Plus, I know you've been waiting for me to post about it anyway.

I'm usually the first one up in the house which isn't saying much because we all sleep in, and I rarely get up before 7am. But on my birthday, I had to pretend to be sleeping and wait for the family to come sing Happy Birthday and bring breakfast in bed, which was a fruit parfait.

In addition to visiting the Elephant Bar for dinner, Makayla gave me a card with a 20 dollar bill in it for Anthropologie, Matthew made hats and airplanes, and Travis wrote a card for me that read, "I Love You."

My friends planned a girl's night out too, and I got to pick The Red Fort for dinner because it was my birthday. We watched bollywood on the wall at the restaurant and shared Indian cuisine at the table for 9.

(Karalea, Me, Cari Ann, Mandy, and Amy....not pictured, Peggy, April, Kirsten, and Shannon)
I could imagine pulling these pictures off my camera years later wondering why I'm bowling backwards. Instead, I remember playing skittles (or m&ms) bowling and picking a green one.
And how sad to not have written how I behaved in funny ways like dancing in the lanes and using jazz hands for good luck. Or to not be able to tell the story about how we each bowled using our grandmother's names like Ruby and Aldean.

And what a tragedy it would have been to forget this all. It would have been as though I hadn't lived the parts I didn't write down.
2 comments:
I think I forgot your birthday! I know I am a horrible friend for forgetting dates like this one. I'm so glad you are surrounded by people who love you and treat you like a queen. You are so blessed! Now please forget mine so I won't feel so bad! :)
so cool. writing about experiences just cements them that much more into my extremely porous brain matter! (which is why I still can't remember anything!). hey email me at melanie johnson 1025 at g mail dot com and I'll invite you to my blog!
Post a Comment