While Matt was sick, Travis earned a "WHAT A GREAT KID" coupon by making Matt toast, setting up a movie for him in his bedroom, and letting him borrow his water bottle.
Luckily, I was in possession of my mother powers today because I didn't have any money to buy more pants or soap.
My car will be leaving in 10 minutes. You can leave hungry or not hungry.
Travis had other priorities besides eating. He was frozen in his room unable to pick an outfit for school after I vetoed his idea to steal from the dirty pile.
What I did next is exactly why Tom picked me to be the mother of his children and why Travis will someday be well adjusted.
My car will be leaving in 2 minutes. You can wear clothes or you can go naked, unless you want to put on some underwear.
Matthew asked Travis on our way to school, "Why are you naked?", to which Travis replied, "I'm not. I'm wearing underwear."
There are at least 100 ways in which I won today, but mostly, I am celebrating how cool I remained through the whole ordeal; never giving up my power.
And although he didn't earn another "WHAT A GREAT KID" coupon for his behavior, I think I earned credits toward my doctorate in parenting, or maybe I just earned more power.

1 comment:
What an awesome mom to issue a double allowance certificate! I hope I am half as creative as my kids grow up... Well done on winning the battle- definitely credit towards your Parenting PhD.
Post a Comment