Thursday, August 20, 2009

This Isn't Time for Petite

Today, my friend, Amy, asked me if the house was quieter without Makayla, and tonight, Tom asked me if I missed her. 

First of all and secondly, no

If she wasn't going to return in 2 days, I'd definitely miss her. But, I love that she is gone on a fun adventure with friends at girl's camp.
Our first attempt at packing taught us priorities in packing lighter.
We were laughing so hard at the weight and size of our first attempt. She didn't mind trading in her big pillow for a 12" square one or unpacking 2 pairs of shorts and some extra shirts. We packed and repacked until the baggage became as petite as Makayla. 

It isn't any quieter without her, and yet, I know she isn't here to hug me good night or to sleep in tomorrow. And although I don't miss her, I am excited for her return. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That bag is so funny!! It looks way wider that Makayla! Hope she has fun, girls camp rocks!!

Cheryl said...

aw the packing! I had the same issues with Jaden for Boys camp. Jaden left for his first week long adventure, and I have to say I missed the guy! I hope she has a great time at camp. Hanging out with your friends is always fun!

Maxmomma said...

My goodness you have an adorable daughter!!! That bag is as big as her :). I hope she had a wonderful time and that you got doubles on hugs last night.