Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Last Wallow in 1' of Vacation

Two weeks ago, I uploaded photos from our miniature family vacation, if you would even call it that. As far as the children were concerned, we packed our bags, slept at a resort and had sugar coated cereal, so it qualifies. Certainly, I recognized it as a vacation too when the pizza was delivered as room service, and I never was asked once to cook.

Travis cried when he found out it was only for 2 nights. I did too, silently. 

I haven't blogged about this vacation yet, most likely because of my silent declaration of an objection to the 'non-vacation, vacation'. And that made up term is based on past fixed beliefs, which I am convinced are just meant to annoy.

We swam and shopped and swam and shopped. Oh, and we watched Aliens in the Attic at a nearby sticky-shoe theater.  You know the kind...
Makayla and Matthew's favorite pool was the lazy river, while Travis liked the 1' kiddie pool. At one point, he called it the "kitten" pool, which made me grin. 

There is plenty of evidence this was definitely a vacation, like no laundry and swimming 4 times a day with guilt free dryer rights. Or what about not washing a dish. That, without a doubt, would be considered a vacation.

And yet, those of you who really know me, know I didn't not wash a dish. Seems silly, though, to make such a big deal out of going on a vacation, non-vacation. We had a great time. 

4 comments:

Maxmomma said...

It does look like fun! Shopping, pizza, swimming, and sticky shoe theaters with no obligations to be anywhere else make for good days. Two days is tough though- just getting the flavor in your mouth for all the packing and planning it takes.

That water sure looks heavenly in this heat!

Karalea-Karalea said...

Hotel = Vacation

Looks like fun. Felt the envy, even if it was only for two days.

Happy to read a little post.

The Diabetic Dude said...

You have taken the role of the inspirer in the family!

Thunell Family said...

looks like a vacation to me! Swimming, no dishes, no laundry...YES, definitely a vacation. Glad you had a great time!