Thursday, August 20, 2009

After 36 Days, You Might Be a Screaming Fan

There were 36 days between the missed Jonas Brother's Concert in Utah and the concert on August 9th here in LA. 

During those 36 days, Matthew would randomly and casually ask me the date. 

July 28th. 

He would respond, only 11 days left, or he might not say anything at all. I tell myself, he probably learned to conquer his emotions at an early age. Certainly, he believed he would eventually get to see the band on stage. 

You might be able to tell I made them take a picture holding their tickets before they left. Travis was the only one happy about it and showed great emotional restraint.

When Travis initially found out he wasn't going to the August concert, he stopped crying only after Matthew promised him a Jonas Brother's shirt of his own.

Tom didn't get a shirt, but said he really enjoyed the show.


Nick is Matthew's favorite band member. He can play the drums and the piano, and he can sing.

Even though Matt told me before the concert he wasn't a screaming fan, he eventually became one. And probably because of his 36 days of restraint. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad he got to go eventually!! Looks like he had tons of fun!

Cheryl said...

What a funny kid! I am glad you guys got to go. He looks like he had a great time.

Maxmomma said...

Go ahead and scream Matt! You waited long and hard for it :). What Melissa, you didn't go and scream too? I have to admit, my young women have had me listen to a few songs- and they are good :).