Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Summer Celebration Like This

I haven't written in 18 days. You must be devastated. I know. But, if the statistics are accurate, you've been waiting for this. 

After you finish reading this post, you may curiously wonder–why during a celebration of summer like this–I could possibly be intrapersonally misaligned. But it's true, and I'm hiding more than my words. But seriously, how?

During one of our park excursions with friends, planes, bocce ball, and helicopters, the kids watched while the bubble maker created huge bubbles with soap and a string, which he sold for only $4. 
Makayla said good-bye to book club by dressing up and parading at the outdoor mall, which had nothing to do with the book and which is why everyone wants to be in book club. Go figure. 

Makayla and I made these delicious and EASY chocolate dipped pretzels while bonding in the kitchen. Who knew she loved baking and cooking and would love to take a class? Obviously not me. But they turned out fabulous. And seriously from shopping for ingredients to the finished product, took less than an hour!

Matthew missed all of our last week adventures at a kid's playplace, In-N-Out with friends, beach, movie, and water fountains because he was able to attend Computer Camp. But, he didn't miss his friend's birthday pool party on Friday.

Or the "Mister Potato Head" Award for entertaining the campers all week long. I guess he was also famous for his karaoke and 20-minute  impromptu comedy act at the microphone. When I dropped him off at camp on the last day, everyone started chanting his name when he walked in, and they welcomed him back next year.  

Travis said today, It's been a great day, Matt, huh? 
The more I celebrate, the more I have reason to celebrate. This whole summer just makes me grin. 

2 comments:

Karalea-Karalea said...

Ditto on that summer feeling. It been such a great one so far.

Maxmomma said...

Is there anything better for a mother's heart than hearing a room full of children chant her son's name?! SO fun! Looks like a wonderful summer adventure and those pretzels were AMAZING. Looks like you have a chef on your hands.