Friday, June 12, 2009

It's No Use to Pretend He Isn't 4

Maybe it's taken me so long to write about Travis' birthday because I've been sick or busy with end of the year parties and graduations. Or maybe it's because Travis turned 4, and I am quite possibly in denial of the earth's trip around the sun again. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days. 

Travis couldn't be any more proud. He announced to me on his birthday that he no longer needed to be picked up because he is a big year old

Just try, he said. 

So. I grunted and turned red face unable to lift him off the ground. I pretended to be unscathed,  and he pretended to like it.  

We woke on June 2 and brought him breakfast in bed along with singing and his Honor Board. 

Travis chose to have his birthday dinner at Good Stuff where he ordered toast and fruit and family gifts including cars and more cars. 




Travis fits perfectly with our family, and I am so honored to experience this life with him. 

Every moment is a learning experience with him. He is stylish and determined, creative and clever, funny and mischievous, innocent and steadfast, kind and blessed. 
Thankfully, he also has a short memory. He asked me to carry him after only 2 days of void. He pretended to be tired, and I pretended suddenly to be strong. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! I can't believe he is 4, such a big boy! You are so sweet with you words. Your kids will love reading these tributes to them when they are older! They are lucky to have such a good Mommy!

johno said...

man, i am getting old.....

Maxmomma said...

I love it! And that tribute board is so cool. Do they get to keep them year after year? As a mom, sometimes it is nice to know they still need to be carried... I know I sometimes still need to be needed :)