Thursday, June 18, 2009

Definitely Something To Do Again

This is my friend, Mandy, posing with her dh ,Derrick, after our 10K Mud Run at Camp Pendleton. Mandy is the reason I registered to run along with my dh and these ladies. 
Back Row: Left to Right (Me, Cia, Jodene, Mandy, Amy, and Karalea)

This picture is taken behind Tom where I spent most of the race. 
Karalea is taking a practiced SP (self-portrait) as we head into the river. The water was refreshing after scaling walls, jumping in sloppy mud, and regardless of the guy urinating behind us. 

I was thankful for having Karalea. It was great experiencing the race with her. She walked when I walked and ran when I ran. 

This is the last big hill before the finish. The hill was muddy and steep and challenging and fun. 
 
It shouldn't have surprised me when Karalea sprinted at the end, she always does. She beat me and that's why she's smiling.
Maybe we are that muddy in the picture or maybe it's just marks on our waterproof camera lens after a muddy army crawl. Marks for adventure, determination, fun, and success. Or maybe marks of celebration for many more mud runs. 

4 comments:

The Sampson Family said...

Looks like a blast!

Maxmomma said...

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. We look forward to trying to do it next year as well. I'm guessing I'll get some great photos from behind all of you as I work to run up those hills! Great work- that's something to be proud of!

Karalea-Karalea said...

I think I just slowed you down...I have a year to train and will not slow you down next year...cross my heart! You are amazing.

johno said...

that looks pretty cool!