Travis mentioned wanting a red light
saver (or saber) for a couple of weeks, and he was reminded again yesterday while we were at Target picking up some birthday gifts for friends.
Being the wise mother I am and realizing he wouldn't be able to wait 6 months for his next present opening celebration, I suggested he do some chores to earn the money to pay for an $8 light saber.
Thankfully that was enough to get him out of the store without asking me 23 more times "please" and without a tantrum.

I created the familiar chore chart divided into 32 $.25 chore boxes to track his progress. Tom laughed at it and told me $.25 was slave labor.

Within 24 hours this boy cleaned the toy room, his room, his brother's toys, washed the dishes, dusted, vacuumed, laundry, more laundry and 24 other chores.
I didn't actually keep track of the number of chores he did, and I am certain Tom at one point had a red crayon in his hand. Regardless, let the record show this parenting moment was a success.
Did you know Count Dooku has a red light saver? No.
4 comments:
THat is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I love your parenting.. I'm pretty sure I'll adopt this type of exciting assistance for my future children to acquire unneeded/needed (who am I to judge?) accessories. :) Love u.
This is do-able! Thanks for the great illustration. I always seem to think they need to do TONS!! of stuff to earn money from me. But this--this even I can do!
So if $0.25 is slave labor, then what does it say about moms doing it (for what seems like an eternity) for NOTHING!?
Good parenting experience. I wish it were that easy all the time.
Love it! What a cutie to do all those chores. Love the pics.
Post a Comment