It seems minutes after the china dishes are back in the china box and I've cleared the table from Thanksgiving dinner, it's time to celebrate Tom's birthday.
In the early hours on Dec. 4th, I stumbled to the kitchen to cook bacon and eggs for the traditional birthday breakfast in bed. While I waited on the bacon, I triple-checked this new cake recipe one last time making sure I had enough ingredients. This year I made Tom a carrot cheesecake.
It's made in layers starting with the cheesecake layer, which if you've never made cheesecake in a water bath you might not understand why I'm making such a big deal out of this cake. Trust me.
Before eating the cake, I had the boys clear the counters, bring in twinkle lights, and a neutral backdrop, so I could capture proof of all the effort this sucker took. Cake, cheesecake, cake, and then surrounded in cream cheese frosting, it did not disappoint anyone.
We ate at the new restaurant around the corner called the Tavern for the first time for Tom's birthday. We got the nachos appetizer to share and then I had the chicken and potatoes. We finished the night watching a movie together. Tom opened a new lighted magnifying glass for tying flies and I gifted him a coupon for a home massage just like every birthday since I learn to massage in California. (2012) We love and appreciate you, Tom.


No comments:
Post a Comment