I'm out of batteries, and enthusiasm, and confidence; all things really necessary for a well-functioning mom.
The camera is holding evidence of our recent soccer games. Evidence that Tom and I are coaching Matt's BU8 team and that Matthew and Makayla have the same colored jerseys this season. Blue and Grey.
If a person only has a limited amount of enthusiasm, I'm certain I've used it all being a coach. I picked up some irritation, which surprisingly doesn't replace enthusiasm at all.
Get up and play soccer. You are on a team. Be a team player!!!
I've found being a mom and coach at the same time is more of a sport than soccer.
And if you only knew the difficulty shifting from coach back to mom on the sidelines of Makayla's games. The discipline.
I wouldn't change it for anything at all, ever. It's so perfect and FUN.
And lucky for you, my phone did capture the donut eating contest at Alora's birthday party last weekend, or you'd have to create your own imagery for this ENTIRE post.
I don't have evidence of the birthday girl, age ONE, participating in this event. Regardless, it was fun to watch.
At one point, Matt's cheeks were so full of donut and his eyes looked fearful he might lose it all, but he still finished. And wonders what the prize was for it.
It's October all ready, and I'm looking forward to carving pumpkin moonshine, fall weather, and Thanksgiving (my 2nd favorite holiday). And if everyone respected my opinion and independence, I'd personally wear a sign that reads...I loathe Halloween.
That alone would renew my confidence while fall renews enthusiasm. As if I were some sort of rechargeable battery...if only...



3 comments:
And what's your favorite holiday???????? Great post!
Melissa, you have been doing this all while making DRASTIC changes in your diet?! I must be weak or something, but my battery dries up much easier than that. When you figure out what does recharge your battery, you let me know what I can do to help.
melancholy....and beautiful at the same time...I love your posts.
Post a Comment