It seems I've become unbalanced, again. I started a training program to get ready for a triathlon that I've recently decided not to do. (I know, I know disappointing) And yet, I'm still training to get in better shape. (whatever that means)
The training is stealing time with early morning workouts, newly needed and well deserved afternoon naps, preparing 3 more meals a day. Slowly, the signs of steady deterioration appear around the house.
My children probably don't know how to verbalize the neglect, but I know it's there. Maybe hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for dinner last night pushed Matthew over the edge. I took this as an outward action for inner confusion.
1.wake up
2. eat brekfist
3.git rete (get ready)
4.go to skool
5. play
6. doo hom wrk
7. eat riht (eat right...followed by)
8. hav tret (treat)
9. play
10. slep
The best part of this to-do list is twice the play time. I too found time to play today:
1. wake up
2. work out (this morning, ran 4.5 miles)
3. bathe while sipping protein shake reading book
4. get kids to school
5. eat breakfast
6. go to workshop
7. pick up #1 kid
8. lunch with Tom
9. pick up #2 kid
10. nap (while Tom picks up kid #3)
11. meal #4
12. play
13. taxi
14. dinner
15. taxi
16. target
17. clean
18. meal #6
19. play
20. sleep

3 comments:
Just keep swimming!
Your book will be my favorite as soon as you write it.
it's all about finding a balance, isn't it. practice the yogic tree posture. that should help.
Post a Comment