Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's a choice, yes. And a joy. But...

Tom's been gone a lot lately, which gives me the opportunity to really appreciate all he does when he is here.

And I just seem to fall apart without him. He is my rock. He keeps me sane.

Leaving a friend's house, I left my son crying on the sidewalk. Why? Maybe I walked outside before he did. No, wait, it was because he saw his brother snag a coveted juice box right before we left. 

I got in the car and asked Tom to please go get him. OK.

After restraining him into the car seat, Tom asked What's wrong? Nothing. Nothing now because you handled the screaming toddler. I'm good.

Some days seem exhausting, emotionally. My friend sent me this article and I really wanted you all to read it. Enjoy! (Click the picture to enlarge it)

3 comments:

The Diabetic Dude said...

Only cuz I love you!

MelanieJ said...

Oh, I love that article! That is a great little essay about what we really do all day. And when we have a moment, we don't want to meet anyone else's needs. I want to sit in a quiet room and not have anyone touch me or ask me to get them something. Or tell me that they can't possibly do something without my help, every single step of the way! Thank you for validating what i think. We do a WHOLE lot during the day.

Melissa Bean Sterzick said...

And that's not even half of it!