Thursday, May 5, 2011

Shopping With A Dollar

Tom was going to the grocery store for me again, so Travis filled his pockets with almost enough change to make his pants fall down. It's not that I won't go to the store. I go too often to grocery stores, drug stores, clothing stores, department stores and even Costco, but I hate going. So, let the record show that Tom regularly goes grocery shopping, and therefore, I don't have to.

But when Tom does the shopping, he'll deviate from the 'list' and he'll take Travis with him knowing they won't buy just groceries because Travis's pants are extra heavy. This is good for Travis; bad for our budget.

The price tag on the ball Travis wanted was $3.99, and he knows that you've got to round up for tax. I think he had a little over a dollar and came home with a dollar worth of glow sticks instead.

It's moments like this when I'm glad I let Tom do the shopping, say no, and get the look. The look you could have prevented had you given in and filled his pockets with more money. It's not that I won't say no to balls that are more than a dollar. I often say no to candy in the checkout lane, snacks at the gas station, white bread and even sugar cereal, but I hate doing it. So, let the record show that Tom can say no, and therefore, I didn't have to.

No comments: