Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This Year I Cheer



The beginning of school comes right before the beginning of soccer and the beginning of sub sandwiches on the sidelines and umbrellas for too much rain or too much sun and muddy cleats and sore throats from cheering and yelling. There is a difference you know...between cheering and yelling.

This year is a good one for soccer. I can tell because the games don't overlap and the weather is nice and I'm no longer yelling.

Makayla has been able to play all positions this year, which is strengthening her dribbling skills. They tell me she scored last weekend when I was out of town and had an assist on goal, which doesn't surprise me.

A dad on Matt's team mentioned to me that he wanted his very own team of 11 boys just like Matthew because he is a hustler. Although I'm "team mom" by default, I'm glad Tom is the one coaching, so I can enjoy the game this year behind the white coaching line.

Travis is scoring in every game now and is very focused the entire time. He understands the game and doesn't have to share the ball like Makayla did or run around the field in a flight pattern like Matthew.

He prefers the games to practices and rebels a little on Wednesdays at 4 when he's reminded it's practice time and not game time. He'd be really upset if I told him he missed a soccer game because we went out of town for a family camping trip.


You might remember this annual trip that comes after school starts and after soccer starts and after we are tired of school routines and homework and busy weekends full of things other than soccer.

3 comments:

Maxmomma said...

Wow- that shot of Travis looks like he was born to play soccer! I am impressed that with three soccer schedules, you are this collected! I will have to step into the soccer mom stage sometime... you'll have to give me your tips :). Sure looks like you are doing it well!

Shannon said...

What super stars you have! I love that picture of Travis. What a cutie. I need to put Morgan in soccer so they can have something in common when they get married!:) How was the camping trip?

Melissa said...

Love the shots of the backs! I hate that we have generic uniforms!!! Love soccer season and all that comes with it! You are making me miss it!!