Saturday, April 17, 2010

You Know If It Made The Calendar

I'm barely posting once a month on my blog probably because blogging isn't written on my calendar and neither was the school science fair deadline. If it wasn't for another mother mentioning victory over her son's science project at our preschool board meeting, Matthew wouldn't have handed in his science project the next day.

We just had a few finishing touches left to do like buy the board, assemble the written headings, finish graphing the data, and write the conclusion. By the time I left the meeting, most stores were closed, it was bedtime, and of course CVS didn't have science fair project boards in stock.

So, he'd miss the first part of an ordinary Tuesday, I'd decided...until Tom called to tell me he was in an accident involving 4 cars.

So, he missed the entire day of school, but his project made the deadline anyway and then Matthew was awarded with a Certificate of Improvement in Reading from his teacher the very next Friday.

He got the award in front of the whole school and a picture with Principle Dimercurio.
And here's proof I was there to witness it. Obviously, it was on my calendar.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to go Matt! And way to go Melissa for getting things done like a champ! Sorry to hear about the car accident though. What a crazy couple of days!

Maxmomma said...

Whoa- is everyone okay from the accident? This has just convinced me that part of my year supply needs to be cardboard for science fair projects... I have been there too many times to count! 7-11 really ought to start carrying them too...