Sunday, January 3, 2010

Expect Surprises and Shoes


I want you to know I came home to a clean house and 3 happy boys on Saturday after I stayed at the Le Merigot for my first ever girls' overnighter. This made my time away that much sweeter. And it gets better, not 24 hours after I returned home, Matthew started vomiting. I like to imagine it was because no one can provide the essential nutrients for my 7 year old except me. Apparently, I was missed on my trip.
It was a trip full of fun surprises like when we walked down Ocean to the 3rd Street Promenade and found one shoe, twice.

Or when Cabrena noticed we were dining next to Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck at the JiRaffe.
Or even when Karalea interrupted their dinner to ask for a photo with Jennifer for me and then paid for their dessert. I imagine Ben's chagrin as 4 women completely ignore him and swoon over his wife. Maybe he was delighted and relieved.
Or the delicious Vanilla Bake Shop cupcakes we found before eating breakfast at the communal table of Le Pan Quotidien. Or the view outside our balcony window.
I still can't figure out why I deserved such a night away. We laid around on the floor before going to sleep asking each other truth questions, and I kept asking and talking because I didn't want it to end. And when we were like sardines in the bed curled up in the covers with Mandy squished in the middle, I slipped into unconsciousness.
And the next thing I remembered was waking up. Realizing the night wasn't just a dream, but a dream come true. And if this is any indication of what the year 2010 might bring for me, I am expecting many fun surprises and dreams coming true.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a great time! You deserve a getaway! Sorry your kiddos are sick!

Maxmomma said...

Oh so fun! I think Heaven likes to give those sweet times here and there for our rejuvenation! So true, only a mother can tend to a vomiting 7 yr-old's needs!

Melissa said...

Looks like so much fun!!! So glad you got out with friends! Isn't great to know your kids really do need you:)!

Karalea-Karalea said...

I think it is the funniest that there isn't one picture of both you AND Mandy making faces! Ha! And the whole sardines thing...should I say sorry about that? Nah, it made for something fun and interesting....but next time we will get two doubles and a new victim...you'll have to pee the bed...for sure!