Thursday, September 17, 2009

Southern Accents Still Loom

Tom, remember that time at the ward party when you were asked to MC as a hillbilly character? 

Billy Jedidiah was born specifically for the Hillbilly Hoedown Steak Fry church activity on Sept. 12.  I played along as his pregnant, barefoot wife.


I'd like to blame the hostess and aspiring voice-over, Mandy, for his exaggerated and comical entertainment. He didn't win the bake-off with his easy cheese triscuits, but he awarded prizes like a VCR Entertainment , Electrical Computer, and Big Mouth Billy Bass for the winning Howdy and Dinner calls. 

Makayla and Matthew both dressed the parts too, and yet I don't have proof Matt wore his cowboy hat and bandana. 

My pillow-stuffed belly was not only entertaining, but useful and blessed for holding this adopted non-hillbilly.

4 comments:

TM CLAN said...

For all three posts: AWESOME!!!!!!!

Maxmomma said...

I wish we had got a pic together that night- in our back shirts and with our bellies, we made a great pair! Billy Jedediah did a great job as MC- nothing beats that mullet!

Thunell Family said...

Makayla is so beautiful (like mother like daughter).

Tom as a hillbilly MC made me smile.

You're such a sweet mommy.

Thunell Family said...

Melissa, so my kids and I were discussing Halloween costumes today. Remember when you made Mikayla the raggedy ann costume with red wig out of yard? How did you make that wig? I need to do something similar to that for Halloween?

Thank you! You're the best!