
The night Santa came megaphoning down our street, the boys were in bed, and I was reading Harry Potter to them by 7:30pm. Thankfully, this was no indication of what the holiday season was like. It was just a day. A day when Tom was working late and my patience wasn't.
As the flashing amber lit police car shouted through the neighborhood getting closer and closer, I successfully read louder and louder. I wondered if I would regret not letting them sit on Santa's lap like all the kids on our street. They wouldn't have missed it because they were almost asleep. But it didn't matter.
Tom made it home in record time and before 8pm and came hurdling in the house jumping piles of laundry and my frustration to stir them just in time, so they never missed a thing.

Makayla missed it, but not because she was asleep or in Utah. She was still at church group and didn't leave for Utah until the 20th. We celebrated traditionally by picking our Christmas tree, decorating it, going to dinner before Makayla left, enjoying home made hot chocolate and pressurized whipped cream on our noses, and opening gifts early.
Makayla got a snuggie, shoes, new bed sheets, and a crystal lamp. Matt got a ground force drifter and a star wars apron. Travis got an ez roller and bey blades. I got my orbital sander, and I didn't get jewelry. Tom got the Unit on DVD.
Oh, and I got chocolate in my stocking, which I should have opened early with the family gifts before Makayla left. Then, I could have eaten it on the day Santa came megaphoning down our street.
Ho! Ho! Ho!

3 comments:
Soooooo awesome!
First, I love these pictures. Secondly, I love that you almost pulled it off! That megaphone is one loud sucker to beat!
Love the pictures and this post!
Post a Comment