
It's better to walk home from my MIL's house than walk to because of the big hill. It's also better to clean up after the kids myself if I'm in a hurry because the kids don't mind. I've also heard it's better to kill two birds with one stone. So, goes my life and all the analysis behind practicalities and the measure of success achieved from each task performed.
Me: (As I was combing Matt's hair before church) I'll pay you $10 to cut your hair.
Dad: (From the other room) I'll pay you $20. (Meaning...I'll raise it by $10)
Matt: That's 30 dollars!
And so, it made perfect sense to offer Matthew $10 to cut his hair. I'm not ashamed of the bribery because it seemed adequate to the end result.
I swept his hair in a pile along with his secrets and veil of self reluctance after I finished. Some people hide behind their mustaches and their glasses and their hair, using these things to secure their hearts and their private doubts. I prayed to have the tools useful for healing his heart and doubts. Somehow, I know he finally chose the letting go and the trust and the acceptance and not just the $30.

4 comments:
Great post as usual! And Matt looks very handsome sporting his new do'!
Hmmm. How is he faring? I'm sure he is using it to his advantage in whatever imaginative world he is experiencing today. Love this.
AMAZING!
He looks so handsome! Cute post.
Post a Comment