Sunday, June 20, 2010

You Say 'Hill', I Say 'Tell'




For Travis's birthday, he asked to go to a 'hilltel'. He knows it's 'hotel' now. I should have had more restraint. I didn't correct Makayla when she used to say 'over rails' for overalls or Matthew when he'd call his shoes 'tena boos'. These affections expire too soon as it is.

He also asked for luggage and a custom cake. And he got everything. Especially after I heard this:

Matt: (For his birthday cake) I want toothless (the dragon) on it with iron man too.
Travis: Matt! (angrily) Mom can't make that.
Me: Yes I can.
Travis: I want a secret spy agent who walks on the ceiling with laser eyes and a green bad guy with fire coming out of his shoes. (random)

Our amazing friend Glenn created this cake top for Travis's birthday.
I'm still learning about Travis and his ways of being. He's only 5 ya know.

He has clear intention and always has. He is tender and loves affection, but only if it's me or dad. He is funny and clever and so very smart. He's not comfortable around strangers and he's still learning how to treat his friends. He doesn't like to comb his hair, wear matching clothes or go to church...yet.

I know in my heart, I was meant to be Travis's mom.
He noticed immediately his honor board didn't have one single picture of Makayla. Here you go, Travis...I usually accept a challenge...and you usually get what you want.

(Going through pictures, I forgot this one. And it shouldn't be forgotten. Makayla made these for Travis. Proof...she likes him.)

1 comment:

Maxmomma said...

So fun to see these new posts! I gobbled them up so fast, I realized today I never even left a comment on them. You and your family are darling- I particularly love this shot of Makayla at the hotel! Perfect way to celebrate a birthday!