Then something went BUMP!
How that Bump made us jump.
We looked.
Then we saw her step in holding Brie.
We looked
And we saw her
Karalea having Tea!
“I know some good tricks”
Said Karalea
“I know some good tricks”,
Said Karalea having Tea!
Then my friends and I
Did not know what to say
We’d never seen anyone
Doing tricks that way
Now! Now! “Have no fear
Have no fear!” Said Karalea
“My tricks are not bad”,
Said Karalea having Tea.
“Why, we can have
Lots of good fun, if you dare,
With a game that I call
Party, party with flare!”
“Have no fear!” Said Karalea
“I will teach you with wit.
I can decorate in style
And, I can also knit.”
With wontons in soup
While bending a knee!
“But that is not all I can do”,
Said Karalea
“Look at me!
Look at me now!”, Said Karalea
With flowers and candles
For our festive glee.
I can cook TWO meats!
Vegetables I can cut!
And long Chinese noodles!
And garlic, guess what!
And look!
I can sit here and knit!
But that is not it!
Oh, no.
That is not it.
Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me NOW!
It is fun to do tricks
But you have to know how.
I can cook all the meat
And the noodles and rice
I can cut vegetables!
And the garlic so nice!
I can trim lettuce leaves
While sauces I stir!
And look! I can cut
The green herbs so pure.
I can chop all the herbs
As I sit here and knit
But that is not it
Oh, no.
That is not it…
And, then, she ran out
And, not at all fake
Karalea having Tea
Came back in with a cake.
Three candles she placed
In the cake set to please!
Made of three main ingredients
Chocolate, coco’nut, and cheese.
“I made this today”
The cake was a hit.
“I made this today
While I sat here to knit.”
But that is not it.
Oh no.
That is not it…
And THEN!
Atop of the plate, cookies, I see?
“Home-made fortune cookies”
Said Karalea having Tea
Water, lemonade, Fresca
And coke to drink.
Karalea said to me,
“What do you think?”
“Thank you, Oh, thank you”,
I said with a tear
“Thank you, Oh, thank you”
I then yelled with a Cheer!
And THEN!
Who’s the hero?
Why, Karalea!
“Have no fear of this mess,”
Said Karalea having Tea.
I always pick up all my things
And so…
I will use another
Good trick that I know!
Then we left and wondered
How she would cope
The next day we assumed
She used lots of soap
To clean all the dishes
And put them away.
While tending to sons
And a husband all day.
“That is that”,
Said Karalea
And then she was done
With a dip of her knee
And a curtsy and nod
To end the affair
Of the game Karalea called
Party, party with flare!
I Sleep with the Bishop
7 years ago

1 comment:
Oh! Melissa, that is just the nicest thing that anyone has ever done for me after a little party. I absolutely LOVE it. Thank you and you're very welcome.
Post a Comment